Invest in Cook Inlet Tribal Council educational and cultural programs and receive substantial tax benefits:
In July, 2011, the Alaska State Legislature expanded the size and scope of the Alaska Education Tax Credit by increasing the financial benefits for corporations making cash donations to eligible institutions.
If you make a contribution to a Cook Inlet Tribal Council educational support or Alaska Native cultural or heritage program (Fab Lab, ARISE, NYO Games Alaska, The Schoolyard), and your company pays any of the taxes listed below, you can receive Alaska Educational Tax Credit for up to 50-100 percent of your total gift, up to $5 million.
The greater the gift, the greater the savings! The tax credit allows for progressive tiers where the donor company will receive additional credits on amounts above the previous tier. For example, after the tax credit is applied, the total net cost for a $300,000 investment is $32,500 (see chart below).
- 50 percent of your contribution up to $100,000
- 100 percent of your contribution on amounts between $100,000 to $300,000
- 50 percent of your contribution on amounts more than $300,000
Valid for companies paying the following taxes:
- Income Tax
- Insurance Premium Tax/Title Insurance Premium Tax
- Oil and Gas Property Tax
- Oil and Gas Production Tax
- Fisheries Business Tax/Fisheries Landing Tax
- Mining License Tax
Invest in our youth today! To learn more, please contact Development Director Kelly Hurd at (907) 793-3272.