CITC is actively recruiting for our Youth Advisory Council (YAC). We are looking to identify exemplary youth in our community to serve a one-year term. CITC established the YAC as a commitment to multi-generational programming and the transfer of Alaska Native knowledge and understanding. This is a wonderful leadership development opportunity.
The YAC will work alongside the Board and President/CEO to bring the youth voice and direction into service delivery and furthering program mission, including the following youth-related priorities to:
- expand our focus on youth to develop programs that are youth driven, and
- ensure programs develop necessary skills, meet Our youth’s basic needs, recognize the role of technology in their lives, and partner with their families and parents to ensure their success, and
- build capacity in the youth sector to understand and advocate for change in order to accomplish the above
The YAC consists of five (5) members who will convene meetings in coordination with the work of the President/CEO and staff. YAC members shall serve for one-year terms and will participate in regular meetings as established by CITC.
YAC QUALIFICATIONS must be:
- Between the ages of 14 and 24, and
- Eligible and qualified Alaska Native or American Indian, and
- Be able to show proof of residence in the Cook Inlet Region of Alaska.
Please submit qualified applications by September 23. A PDF with application is available here.
Questions? Contact Nikki Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 793-3183.