CITC established its Youth Advisory Council (YAC) as a commitment to multi-generational programs and the transfer of Alaska Native knowledge and understanding.
The YAC works alongside the CITC Board and President/CEO to bring youth voices and direction into service delivery, furthering CITC’s mission through the following youth-related priorities:
- expand our youth-driven programs
- ensure services develop necessary skills, meet youth’s basic needs, recognize the role of technology in their lives, and partner with families and parents to ensure youth success
- build capacity in the youth sector to understand and advocate for change in order to accomplish these priorities
The YAC consists of five members who meet in coordination with the President/CEO and staff. YAC members serve one-year terms.
YAC QUALIFICATIONS must be:
- Between the ages of 14 and 24, and
- Eligible and qualified Alaska Native or American Indian, and
- Be able to show proof of residence in the Cook Inlet Region of Alaska.
Interested in getting involved?
Contact email@example.com or (907) 793-3467 to learn more.