What is NRSTA?
The NRSTA Program must be used to deal with a specific crisis situation or episode of need, and must not be intended to meet on-going needs. Only needy families with children and pregnant women in their third trimester are eligible to apply for assistance. Assistance can include rent, mortgage, utilities, food, emergency housing, back to school supplies for school age children and burial assistance (if it is as a result of COVID).
This funding CANNOT assist with the following:
- tax credits,
- child care,
- transportation, or
- short-term education and training.
Where can I apply?
Applications can be accepted via email at email@example.com, faxed to 907-793-3394 or in person at 3600 San Jeronimo Drive, Anchorage AK 99508, if you do not have access to email or fax. There is a drop box outside of the building, or it can be dropped off in person on the 2nd floor.
What is the Eligibility?
Eligibility is not solely based on income. Each family is affected by COVID-19 differently so amount of assistance may vary depending on impact during the pandemic.
- U.S. Citizen or Eligible Alien Status
- Residency in the Municipality of Anchorage or Matanuska Susitna Valley
- Financial Need Determination
- Proof of a specific crisis situation or episode of need
- Income must not exceed 250% of DHHS Poverty Guidelines for Alaska (see table)
- Alaska Native or American Indian, or non-native head of household of Alaska Native or American Indian children.
How long will it take?
It may take up to 30 days to process your application. You will not be required to meet with a staff person, but they may call you with questions. Continue to pay your bills while waiting for a decision on your application.
3600 San Jeronimo Drive
Anchorage, AK 99508
Phone: (907) 793-3300
Fax: (907) 793-3394
For comments or suggestions regarding this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org