Health Profession Opportunity Grants (HPOG)
What is HPOG?
CITC HPOG provides funding for eligible participants who are pursuing their dreams of becoming healthcare professionals.
We offer limited funding for certification trainings in a variety of healthcare programs including: Personal Care Assistant (PCA), Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA), Counselor Technician (CT), and more.
The HPOG program involves five phases: Eligibility Screening; Application Submission, Income Eligibility, Intake, Academic Advising/Support and Employment Navigation Support.
How to Apply
Contact 793-3322 or email HPOG@citci.org to schedule an Eligibility screening session, and/or to register for the next HPOG Orientation. HPOG is now offering in-person orientation every Wednesday at 2PM. Orientations are also conducted over the phone and online.
Download: Application for Services
General Eligibility Requirements:
- 18 years of age
- U.S. citizen or legal resident
- Alaska Native/American Indian preference
- Verified low income status
- Review of criminal history/background check
- Must reside in Anchorage, Eagle River, or the Mat-Su Valley
Additional Program Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED/Transcripts – GED program assistance is available
- State and Federal background check clearance (including Office of Child Services)
- Entry Level Employment in healthcare after PCA training
The HPOG program provides training and education in the following areas:
- Pathway 1:
- Counselor Technician
- Chemical Dependency Counselor I
- Pathway 2:
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Registered Nurse AAS
- Phlebotomy Technician Fall 2021 only with max tuition covered if eligible $3500
- Pharmacy Technician Fall 2021 only with max tuition covered if eligible $3500
- Dental Assistant Fall 2021 only with max tuition covered if eligible $3500
- Medical Assistant Fall 2021 only with max tuition covered if eligible $3500; or $5,500 at Alaska Career College.
- This needs to be taken off completely because we have no more offerings for MOA training. Medical Coder & Biller Fall 2021 only with max tuition covered if eligible $3500; or $4000 at Alaska Career College.
- First Aid/ CPR/AED (automated external defibrillator),/BLS (basic life support), Mental Health First Aid (MHFA), Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP)– obtained through the HPOG PATH Academy
Follow HPOG on social media:
This webpage is supported by Grant #90FY0009 from the Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS). Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of HHS.
” width=”20″ height=”20″>