Life Skills classes cover a range of topics intended to equip participants to search for, gain, and maintain employment, raise healthy families, learn to budget, and more. These classes are open to any CITC participant, but are particularly designed for our Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and General Assistance (GA) recipients. TANF and GA recipients may fulfill work-search and self-sufficiency hours through taking Life Skills classes.
CITC offers Life Skills classes that cover:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Introduction to Online Learning
- Job Sustainability
- Tapping Into Your Potential
- Making the Most of Your TANF
- Resiliency through Historical Trauma
- Domestic Violence Awareness
- Discrimination in the Workplace
- Money Management
- Education Preparation
- Keeping Families Together
- And more!