07 Aug Now Recruiting for Youth Advisory Council
Help shape the future for CITC—and for other Native youth
Cook Inlet Tribal Council (CITC) is actively recruiting for our Youth Advisory Council (YAC) that was established in 2016 by the Board of Directors (BOD) as a commitment to multi-generational programming and the transfer of Alaska Native knowledge and understanding. The YAC will have opportunities to work alongside the BOD, President/CEO and Senior Leadership on goals intended to bring youth voice and direction into furthering our program mission, including the following:
- Expanding focus on youth to develop programs that are youth driven,
- ensuring programs develop necessary skills, meet youth’s basic needs, recognize the role of technology in their lives, and partner with their families and parents to ensure their success, and
- building capacity in the youth sector to understand and advocate for change in order to accomplish the above.
The YAC consists of at least five (5) members who will convene meetings in coordination with the designated work. YAC members shall serve for a one-year term (10/1/23-9/30/24) and will participate in strategic meetings.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Eligible and qualified Alaska Native or American Indian, and
- Be able to show proof of residence in the Cook Inlet Region of Alaska.
This is a wonderful leadership development opportunity! Encourage the youth you know to apply. Interested young people should submit a completed application, brief letter of introduction/interest, and one letter of support. Applications and requested documents will need to be sent to Larry Oskolkoff at Larry.Oskolkoff@citci.org by Tuesday, September 5.
Download an application here: