Thank you 2015 Chanlyut donors and supporters!
Your generosity makes the Chanlyut mission possible.
Chanlyut is a two-year residential work-training and educational program offering a new beginning for men who want to become productive members of society and turn around self-destructive patterns in their lives.
- More than 210 men have used Chanlyut services since 2007
- Participation in Chanlyut equates to a savings of nearly $1 million per year (on average) to the Department of Corrections in equivalent days of incarceration.
- Chanlyut social enterprises are expected to generate $746,000 in earned income and provide a projected $183,000 in net income—covering 43% of the program costs for FY2015
- 81% of Chanlyut graduates are gainfully employed, have stable housing, and have re-connected with their families
- The recidivism rate for Chanlyut graduates is 19%—a sharp decline from the state of Alaska average of 66%
- Starting in FY2016, the full spectrum of CITC Recovery Services programs will be available to Chanlyut residents, providing a holistic support system to residents going through recovery
- In FY2016, women will be admitted into the Chanlyut program.
Program information and previous Impact Reports:
- Chanlyut program brochure
- New Beginnings: Chanlyut Impact Report 2012
- New Beginnings: Chanlyut Impact Report 2013
- New Beginnings: Chanlyut Impact Report 2014
- New Beginnings: Chanlyut Impact Report 2015