Youth Services offers support programs for eligible Alaska youth ages 14–21 to assist them in finding employment, furthering education and identifying youth leadership opportunities. Services include:
- adult mentoring
- opportunities to obtain high school credit
- assistance with post-secondary education
- GED completion
- employability and life-skills training
- work readiness training and career assessment
- resume and cover letter writing; interviewing skills coaching
- work experience (paid or unpaid)
- referrals to additional programs serving youth
Through four unIque programs, Youth Services helps young people advance their job skills, get educational funding and develop into young leaders:
- Anchorage Youth Services (AYS): AYS provides case management for youth ages 14–21 and assists youth with educational needs, including high school completion, GED attainment ,and scholarship and/or related referrals. The program also provides employment skills training, including resume building, interviewing skills, career and training exploration, supported work experience and job placement.
- Rural Youth Services (RYS): RYS offers services similar to AYS for the following Cook Inlet villages: Tyonek, Ninilchik, Knik, Chickaloon, Eklutna, Seldovia and Salamatof. RYS coordinates summer employment opportunities with each of the participating tribes.
Please call 793-3300 for eligibility details.