07 Feb Alaska Native Justice Center Recruiting for Color of Justice Event
The Alaska Native Justice Center (ANJC), in partnership with The CIRI Foundation, Alaska Court System and National Association of Women Judges, and Anchorage School District, is pleased to announce the return to an in-person Color of Justice event in Anchorage April 6-7.
The Color of Justice Program is a two-day conference to encourage high school youth of color to consider the legal profession and the judiciary as career paths. Preference will be given to current high school juniors and seniors.
The two-day program includes:
• An introduction to the Alaska Supreme Court
• Top 10 reasons to be a lawyer and become a judge
• Alaska Tribal Justice information
• “You Be the Judge,” where participants get to learn about real cases
• Mentor Jet: a speed-mentoring experience
• Constitutional Cranium: a fun team game geared towards testing their knowledge of Alaska’s Constitution
• Mock trials
The program is currently recruiting students to participate in the event. If you are interested in signing up your Anchorage School District high schooler for this educational program, please contact Amanda Kuipers.