477 Youth Services offers support programs for eligible Alaska youth ages 14–24 to assist them in finding employment, furthering education and identifying youth leadership opportunities. Services include:
- adult mentoring
- opportunities to obtain high school credit
- assistance with post-secondary education
- GED completion
- employability and life-skills training
- work readiness training and career assessment
- resume and cover letter writing; interviewing skills coaching
- work experience (paid or unpaid)
- referrals to additional programs serving youth
Through four unique programs, Youth Services helps young people advance their job skills, get educational funding and develop into young leaders:
- Youth Case Management provides case management for youth ages 12–24 and assists youth with educational needs, including high school completion, GED attainment, and scholarship and/or related referrals. The program also provides employment skills training, including resume building, interviewing skills, career and training exploration, supported work experience and job placement.
- Youth Career Connections: Youth Career Connections helps youth ages 14–24 with job searching, interviewing and resume writing as well as career assessments and referrals to employers that have job openings.
- Youth Employment Program Internship: This is an internship program for youth ages 14-24. More information can be found here.
- Youth Navigation: Youth Navigation provides case management for youth up to age 11 and includes cultural and social activities including a week-long summer camp for 8 to 11-year-olds.
Please call 793-3114 for eligibility details.